Sunday, October 24, 2021

When your spiritual teacher isn't called to teach anymore

 Recently I got an email from Adyashanti saying he was taking a break from teaching. It feels like an ending, even though he hasn't, in an active way, been my teacher for a long time. But he did change my life, or, as I think of it to myself, saved my life. I guess I mean that the way Christians mean it of Christ, or meant it in the early days of Christianity:  that I thought I was just this little being of skin and bones but discovered I am infinitely big. His retirement (because I suspect he won't come back to teaching, as least not full-time) doesn't change what he gifted me, of course, but it somehow finalizes it. The love of a student for her teacher is forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments from readers who want to mutually explore Truth as we at the same time remember that the words are just fingers pointing...